Thursday, August 22, 2013

Southside football coach resigns

The Etowah County Board of Education in a called meeting Wednesday afternoon accepted the resignation of Southside High School head football coach Marty Smith. Smith, who was set to begin his third season at Southside said Wednesday that he was not forced to resign saying he resigned on his own and that nobody asked him to resign. Smith said he likely would work with his dad, who owns a construction company in Trussville. Anybody that knows me knows that family is very, very important,” he said. “And I owe where I’m at and what I’ve been able to do with my life to my dad.Supt. Alan Cosby, would not comment about Smiths resignation releasing a statement saying they wished him the best in his future endeavors. Cosby said they hope to have an interim head football coach in place as soon as possible.
Southside plays in a jamboree today against Glencoe and opens the regular season Aug. 29 on the road against Hokes Bluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment